In the latest article on the PlayStation blog a few Details regarding the compatibility of the PlayStation 4 peripheral, with the PlayStation 5 will be called.
Already in April, the dual sense Wireless Controller for the PS5 was presented more accurately, the players will offer a completely new gaming feeling. Now Isabelle Tomatis, which is at Sony Interactive Entertainment, among other things, for the peripheral in charge of what devices will be available with the PlayStation 5 compatible reveals:
- Special peripheral devices, such as officially PlayStation licensed racing wheels, Arcade and flight-Sticks can continue to be for PS5 games and supported PS4 games to be used.
- The Wireless Headsets in the platinum and Gold Edition, as well as other third-party Headsets via the USB or audio port to connect with the PS5 compatible. The Headset companion App is not supported.
- The DualShock 4 Wireless Controller and official PlayStation licensed Gamepad Controller from third party manufacturers can be used to Play supported PS4 titles. The DualShock 4 Controller is not supported for Playing PS5-exclusive Play PS5 games will benefit from the new functions and Features of the new Hardware, including those of the dual sense™Wireless controller.
- Both the PlayStation Move Motion Controller and the PlayStation VR-objective Controller can Play be used in the case of supported PS VR on the PS5.
- The PlayStation Camera to Play with on the PS5 supported HP VR-compatible. For the connection of an Adapter is necessary, the PlayStation VR users will be provided at no additional cost. Further information will be announced at a later date.
However, it is acknowledged that not all of the officially PlayStation licensed peripherals or accessories from third-party manufacturers will be PlayStation 5 compatible.
For more information on sense Dual-Controller and compatibility with PS4 peripherals on the PlayStation Blog.